As women approach menopause, they often experience an imbalance in hormones, particularly in the balance of estrogen and progesterone levels. Estrogen dominance is one of the most common forms of hormone imbalance.
WHAT CAUSES HORMONAL IMBALANCE?
As men and women age, hormone levels decline. This causes significant changes in the body, including low energy, weight gain, difficulty sleeping, and loss of libido.
More importantly, hormone therapy helps men and women reduce the risks of many of the diseases associated with aging, including cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, stroke and senility.
COMMON SIGNS & SYMPTOMS
- Weight gain especially in the abdomen, hips, and thighs
- Breast tenderness
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Decreased libido
- Mood swings, PMS, depression
- Irregular cycles, heavy bleeding/painful periods
- Thyroid dysfunction mimicking hypothyroidism
- Gallbladder disease
- Hot flashes/night sweats
- Bone Loss
- Trouble sleeping
- Irritability, anxiety and depression
- Trouble concentrating, “brain fog”
- Vaginal dryness
- Sudden weight gain
- Hair loss
- Memory problems
- Cold hands and feet